Thursday, April 17, 2008

One third of the way there

We are passing the first trimester, sometime last week/this week. Jenn has said this week that she is starting to "feel pregnant". This weekend she was feeling what I think she called a "heaviness" in her belly/abdomen, which worried her some, but a quick call to the doctor on Monday reassured her that yes, it's the uterus growing, pushing other stuff out of the way.

Jenn's still feeling tired most nights by the time she gets home, but seems to be coming through that OK, albeit slowly. For a while there she was lights out by 8:30 or 9 easy, but lately it seems like it's more "physically tired" than sleepy, as she'll lie down and watch TV until I come to bed. Nausea still present as well, but by all accounts not too bad so long as she's able to get something in her stomach when she's hungry.

I have heard that the second trimester is the "nesting" trimester, and this will likely be true for me at least. Major projects include finishing up on organizing the basement, purchasing an LCD TV/sounds system/stand for down there, moving some of the current spare bedroom furniture into our bedroom (matching stuff), moving the rest of the spare bedroom stuff downstairs to storage, and I assume painting and/or decorating the room for the babies. Plus other stuff I'm sure I'm just not thinking of right now. This weekend me, James, Becker, and maybe Ron are going over to Kevin's for a "Day of Debauchery", but after that I'll definitely have to use my weekends to get going on all the other stuff. I have a feeling May, June, and July are going to be over almost before they begin.

No comments: