Friday, October 31, 2008

Moments of Regret

There are never moments of regret.

There are moments where I don’t know how I’m going to do this with two babies and no sleep, even with the most supportive and involved husband in the world.

There are moments where I have to laugh to avoid crying when both babies need attention and I only have two hands.

There are moments when I look at one of them and my eyes tear up with joy at their very existence, and tears fall when I marvel that they’re our daughters.

There are moments when Megan is only happy in mommy’s arms, often in the middle of the night.

There are moments when Kayla makes me laugh out loud with her constant chattering, reminding me of myself.

There are moments when we wake Mike with screaming in the early hours of the morning because I can’t make either one happy long enough to tend to the other.

There are moments when I wonder what the future holds for us with twins.

There are moments when I think of the journey that got us here and think how it was all worth it.

There are absolutely never moments of regret. Not one.

1 comment:

Laura Friedberg said...

Love this.