Monday, January 04, 2010

Favorite Pics

Jenn's done a fantastic job keeping the blog updated with Christmas pics/info lately, as well as her "Year in Review", so I thought I would mix it up a little. On my laptop and computer at work, I've setup my screen saver/desktop pics to randomly display pics of the girls that I've posted to the blog over the past ~15 months, and I've come to realize that I definitely have some favorite pics. Sometimes for the pic itself, and sometimes for the memories it brings when I see it. A retrospect and brief commentary of some of my favorites.













Probably my favorite picture so far. Girls one day discovered that they could reach the storage area of the TV stand, and had great fun pulling everything out they could get their hands on. I lose Kayla's mischievous smile especially, and Megan with a more "Oops I got caught" look. Almost perfectly captures their personalities.













For a while we had the dining room open to the girls (something we'll have to do again shortly I'm sure), and they were obsessed with the deck door curtains. We had a terrible time keeping them out of them, which lead to the more enclosed living room setup we have now. Girls love their freedom though, as is clearly shown here.













When I posted this around Easter, I got in trouble with Jenn for picking this one, with sour looks, when there were better, happier baby pics. But I love this one; the look just says "Mommy/Daddy, what in the heck are you doing to us?"













Jenn took this one, putting on the glasses for fun. I ended up making a post around this pick, spoofing on the opening paragraph from Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas. Megan's sort of "Blarg" mouth expression is especially great.















 A favorite for obvious reasons. Up until the first bath they had cried, but not to excess, but the bath really set them off.













When we were leaving the hospital, Jenn and I suddenly realized we really had no idea how to put babies in car seats. There was Jenn, 5 days removed from a c-section, holding one girl by our bags at the Wesley Hillside entrance, while I took the other girl to the parking garage, and somehow managed to get her into the car seat (while another car waited for my space), drive the car back to the entrance, in the rain mind you, and get Jenn and the other girl into the car. Not our finest parental moment. Seeing them so small in those carseats is great.













Kayla fascinated by a Bumbo seat toy. I believe one of the first times we had them in these seats; I think the blanket there is to help prop her up in it. We used these for first feedings for quite a while, until eventually the girls started bouncing around in them and dang near took a spill off the kitchen table one day.













Jenn while she was home with the girls tried to take pictures every so often, and Loki always waned in on the action. Good size comparison here is why I really like this one, plus demonstration of how good Loki has been with the girls since Day 1.













Taking pictures of babies is always a dicey proposition; with twins, doubly so. This was an attempt to get "going home" pictures at the hospital I believe, and they were having none of it. We'd have to put the pacifiers in, let them suck for a bit, then quick take them out and snap pictures.













Mostly I just like the smiles in this pic. Girls were just becoming mobile at this point, I don't recall if they could roll over on their own at this point, but they definitely could "crawl" around somewhat.













I spent pretty much the entire month of December '08 staying at home with the girls, between me taking some time, running into the holidays. I took some pictures of both Kayla and Megan, and managed to get "first smile" pics for both of the, Megan shown here. Right around 3 months here.













Girls darn near lived in swings for the better part of the first 4-5 months of their lives, as it was a great way to induce naps and calm them down. Here we see Megan demonstrating that babies actually have no spine until the age of 6 months, a little known medical fact.













One of the first pictures taken, obviously. Babies wrapped up in the hospital, yet both awake and looking around. Note the "A" label on Kayla's hat, a practice the nurses in the nursery started and we kept for quite a while even after bringing them home. This looks like a Daddy wrap job as well; you can tell as the blankets aren't wrapped so much as they're just wadded up. I was recently shamed when James wrapped his new daughter Emma with perfect form, when we were visiting them in the hospital last night. Show off.

1 comment:

Mom Vogts said...

I never thought I would see you and James comparing your baby wrapping skills! I love it! As Tricia said, "the boys have grown up".