Monday, March 07, 2011

Making Muffins

I've let the girls help me make muffins from a mix on a couple of occasions.
They help pour in the mix, pour in the milk, and most of all -- they stir.
They've even helped dollop it onto a cool tray before!

The other night with dinner, I had a few bread and butter pickles in a tiny bowl.  The girls wanted some, and after handing them to them one by one, I ended up giving them the bowl with a couple pickle chips and a bit pickle juice.

Next thing I knew, they were putting in some peas.  And pieces of bread.  And some pieces of meat
And stirring.
And stirring some more.
And taking turns adding more smashed peas and bread.
And both stirring together.

I finally asked them what they were making.
The answer was obvious, of course.
Kayla answered first, "Makin' muffins!"
She was quickly echoed by Megan, "yeah, muppins!  See?"

If only I had had a camera at the time.
Or maybe it's best that I didn't...

No comments: