Sunday, September 27, 2009

Oops...Bad Mom Strikes Again!

Not too long ago, I was looking after the girls while Mike wasn't home.
Well, I thought I was looking after the girls...

We have them pretty well fenced into the living room. Loki, our dog, has learned to go over the end of the couch at the end table to get in and out of the fenced in area. His food dish and water bowl are in the kitchen, safely outside the gated area of the living room.

Unless, of course, you THINK the gate is latched, and it isn't.

I heard Loki eating his breakfast. I didnt worry at first, until some internal alarm went off, and I realized Kayla wasn't playing behind my chair, like I thought.

Loki was indeed eating his breakfast. I found it entertaining, and took a quick picture. Kayla was taking handfuls of dogfood, dropping it on the floor, and Loki was cleaning it up.


Then she looked up.

That's the picture I don't have -- because her little cheeks were stuffed full of dogfood, just like her little fists! I took 5 or 6 pieces of dogfood out of her mouth, amidst her vocal objections. I wish I'd clicked the picture first.

I guess I'm not such a bad mom after all, eh?

No comments: