Sunday, August 26, 2012

FaceBook Posts 2011 - Part 1

I post a lot of  snippets on FaceBook -- the Social Networking site.
I wanted to preserve those snippets here, so they'd be included in the book form of our blog that we're making for the girls.

Below are posts from 2011 (part 1):


January 8, 2011 3:52pm
Daddy: "what comes next?"
Kayla:
Daddy: "say that again?"
Kayla: Daddy: "Cabela's? Are you saying you want to go to Cabella's?"

Kayla: "yes"
[Cabela's is a retailer of hunting, fishing, camping and outdoor gear]

January 9, 2011 5:37pm
I cleaned out the girls' toys and put all the "baby toys" in a box.
Guess what toys they want to play with now? LOL

January 21, 2011 11:11pm

When we put them in bed, the little girls decided to trade beds.
They're both sleeping in each other's beds now.

February 8, 2011 9:20pm
Mike Vogts was clearing the driveway. I swept the snow off the deck.
Megan watched me through the door, Kayla watched me from a chair.

I'd look up every couple of sweeps and wave.
While I wasn't looking, Megan locked the door.
Yes, one of my 2 year olds locked me out of the house!
Luckily, with a little coaching (begging?) she let me back in.
Next time I'm wearing my coat!

February 12, 2011 7:16pm
Megan has bronchitus. Boy does it sound bad when she coughs :( it hurts my throat!"

February 14, 2011 11:51am   
1 sick kiddo + another sick kiddo = 1 sad mommy

February 14, 2011 10:02pm   

Kayla got antibiotics, a breathing treatment, and a Blue's Clues sticker at the doctor's today. She's asleep.
Megan, after her third day of antibiotics, is coughing up a storm in bed, waking herself up.
I'm afraid it's gonna be a long night!

February 17, 2011 8:39pm   
Dear Megan and Kayla. No matter how much you argue about it, we are mommy and daddy to BOTH of you, and no amount of "MY mommy MY daddy" will change that.

February 18, 2011 8:53pm   

Going to bed, Megan didn't fuss, but kept saying "I want new kick. I want new kick" and grinning.
We didnt know what she meant! Finally asked Kayla.
She said "Mewkick"....and it clicked......MUSIC!
 
February 19, 2011 10:31pm   
Megan: I wanna watch Dora
Daddy: Okay, just a second -- watch what he's going to do.
Megan: Otay
Mommy: What are you watching?
Daddy: Dunk contest
As we were leaving tonight, Kayla announced "football!", pointing to a football in our yard. Daddy was proud!
February 25, 2011 7:13pm   

Megan just looked at the laptop, then said, "Tewwi has a puter!" Which translates to: "Kelli Martin has a computer" :)
[Kelli Martin is their daycare provider and she rocks!]

February 26, 2011 4:02pm   

"Mommy: "Where's your sippy"?
Megan: "Kayla stole it"
We've progressed from "took" to "stole"!
  
March 1, 2011 7:38pm  
Why does a child who wants to "do it myself" SOOO badly --- INSIST on wearing a diaper?
big girl panties = do it yourself.
No matter how hard you try, you're not gonna get that diaper on by yourself, little girl!

March 6, 2011 9:58am   
Megan: I think I pooey
Daddy: C'mere, let's see....yep, you are. Let's go change you.
Megan: Can't catch me!!

March 6, 2011 6:59pm   
 Another entry in the "Book of Phrases I Never Thought I'd Say":
         "Daddy is not a potty!"

March 15, 2011 6:59pm   
This past Sunday afternoon, I asked Kayla if she needed changed.
She said, "No, Kelli already changed me."
So, thanks Kelli,  for coming over and changing Kayla's diaper for us when we weren't looking! :) :)

March 19, 2011 11:55pm   
Yet again, Kayla declared "Kelli changed my diaper" -- this time, right after I had changed her.
Believe me, this time I *wish* Kelli had... LOL

March 27, 2011 4:26pm   
Any clue what the "T-Rex game" is? The girls both wanted to play it.
It resulted in everyone stomping around roaring and saying they were a T-Rex.

March 27, 2011 5:56pm  
Megan: "You messy, Kayla
She's right!

March 27, 2011 7:52pm 
Listening to Megan sing the A-B-C's for the umpteenth time in an attempt to keep herself awake.

April 3, 2011 10:331m 
The girls put their coats on and are playing in the kitchen with the Princess Car -- Kayla said she's going to Miss Kelli's, and Megan said she's going to Grandma's.


April 3, 2011 5:37pm  
Megan: (pointing at a chicken nugget on her plate) "We have chicken nuggets at home!"
Me: "We are home."
Megan: "Oh. We have chicken nuggets at Miss Kelli's!"


April 3, 2011 6:17pm   
Daddy sneezes.
Kayla: "you all right, daddy?"
awww : )

April 7, 2011 7:33pm   
I knew it would happen.
I didn't know it would start this early...
Mommy (calling across the yard): Megan, come here please!
Megan: I not Megan
Mommy: Megan, please come here.
Megan: I not Megan, I Kayla!
Mommy: No, you're Megan. I'm sure I can tell you two apart. Come here, Megan.
Megan: Okay, Mommy.


April 9, 2011 10:27am   
Justin Vulliamy I think I saw you last night, but wasnt sure. I was with Ruth Evans Bingham, letting my girls hop around on a stick-lion at the time, so I was a bit distracted. : )

April 9, 2011 11:12am   

The girls love the cartoon SuperWhy -- an educational preschool cartoon for ages 3-6 about reading. They have "super powers" of reading, spelling and things. The girls always say they want to watch "super why, super powers!

This morning, Kayla put on her jelly shoes -- and said she had to put on her "super power shoes"! The jellies have progressed from "princess shoes" to "super power shoes"!

April 10, 2011 8:55am
Yay for little girls sleeping in!
It's almost 9am and they're still asleep! That's what should happen when they're out with mommy and Grandma Ruth Evans Bingham until 9pm!

April 10, 2011 1:28pm
The girls are pushing a large box around that's heavy enough it take them both, singing the Wonder Pets song, "Team work -- what's gonna work Team work" over and over


April 17, 2011 6:55pm
My girls are both asking for a Diet Coke. LOL
It started when Kayla announced that my Kwik Trip cup of Diet Dr. Pepper was diet coke. Now they both climbed into high chairs and asked for Diet Coke, like they're at a restaurant or something!

April 18, 2011 6:24am
Sick daughter x 2 = whiney, clingy dayBoth girls woke up this morning with fevers :(
Megan has a few more messy symptoms.
They're both watching My Little Pony cartoons now, by request.

April 21, 2011 1:52am
High Maintenance Megan

April 30, 2011 11:08am
2 blank sheets of paper + 2 sheets of stickers = 2 very happy little girls!

April 30, 2011 11:57am
If you haven't made muffins with 2 two-year-olds at the same time, you've missed a major life experience. :)

April 30, 2011 5:49pm
The girls are playing hide-and-seek with daddy.
This involves the girls telling him to close his eyes -- then they run to their bedoom.
He says "Where are Kayla and Megan?" and they come running out!

May 7, 2011 9:16am
Hmm. Megan just colored her lips. When daddy told her not to color her lips, she said, "I want to be a princess!"
I guess crayons = lipstick ??

May 10, 2011 6:31pm
Kayla was playing on the laptop.
When I asked her, like always, "are you supposed to be doing that?"
This time I got a different response...
Kayla said, "I'm doing my homework!"

May 14, 2011 2:36pm
I wonder what it means when both girls agree that, "Santa gave us yo-yo's!"

May 18, 2011 7:13pm
Megan drank bathwater from a bath toy.
We told her don't drink the bathwater, and she got all serious and said, "It's my coffee!"
Since none of us here drink coffee...I have to wonder exactly what kind of coffee Kelli makes that looks like bathwater! LOL : )

May 21, 2011 6:01pm
My daughters are so different sometimes...
Kayla made her dollie ride the rocking horse.
Megan threw the dollie aside and rode the rocking horse herself.
Then Kayla rocked Megan on the rocking horse.
Kayla rarely rides it.
Occasionally -- but usually, she brushes its hair instead.

June 11, 2011 10:48am

The girls announced that Daddy had played catch with them.
When he walked into the room a few minutes later, they were excited to yell, "Daddy, play catch with us!"
He smiled and said, "Ok, let's play catch."
Next site -- Megan's sippy flying through the air, accompanied by a squeal, "catch, daddy!"
I guess with 2 1/2 year olds, you need to specify with what you want to play catch...

June 13, 2011 11:30pm
Megan has perfected climbing from one crib into the other.
Kayla isn't quite as comfortable with it yet, but is quite able to do it.
I'm afraid moving the cribs apart would lead to climbing OUT instead of just climbing in with sister.
Megan first throws all of her blankets, pillows, dolls and stuffed animals into Kayla's crib -- then climbs in with Kayla.
Good times ahead, I can tell!

June 16, 2011 8:37pm
Megan climbed out of her bed. "I hung by my hands!"
I'm so not ready for them to grow up this fast!

June 18, 2011 8:13am
Girls slept through the night just fine in the big girl beds! And this morning, they knocked on the inside of their door to come out! So cute : )

June 19, 2011 12:35am
So naptime today in the big girl beds didnt go so well. Gave up -- let them play more..and they fell asleep in teh living room and Daddy carried them to bed for a nap.
But at bed time, they both went willingly, and announced they would stay in bed and would "not play wif goopy" (diaper rash creme). And they actually stayed in bed and went right to sleep!

June 19, 2011 9:58pm
Today was not a good day for Big Girl Beds. The girls never did take a nap. They were up since before 8 am, and asleep probably about 9 pm. FUSSY tired..over tired...and "just want to play a little"...
They're both sound asleep now, backwards in their beds.
And we had it so easy last night...

June 19, 2011 10:49pm
And...Kayla rolled out of her little toddler bed. ARGH I scooped her up and had her tucked back in bed before she really woke up, though.
The little partial-length rails dont really work if they sleep BACKWARDS in their bed!


June 23, 2011 9:25pm
Non entirely suprising -- the girls don't particular care for my book, but prefer their own. Disney Princesses beat out strategic ecommerce website design.
June 24, 2011 8:42pm
Little girls knock on their door to get our attention.
Mike said to me, "I'll get it".

June 24, 2011 8:42pm
Girls FINALLY went to sleep. I 'answered the door' last time they knocked...and Megan very sweetly asked me to "take down that line, we want to play with it".
I finally figured out they were talking about the chair-rail-height wall paper border!!! Pictures of ducks, frogs and turtles....has been there since before they were born.
That "line" better stay on the wall! LOL

June 25, 2011 9:55pm
Well, the girls must have REALLY wanted that "line" [wallpaper border] down off the wall.
They stood on the other one's bed and each managed to start pulling some off the wall!
I have to wonder -- were they on the other one's bed, hoping their sister would get in trouble for it, and not them?

June 26, 2011 8:32pm
Had a great evening with Granny Cathy Vogts and Grandpa Ralph Vogts.
Girls are in their room -- here's hoping they go to sleep and leave the wall paper on the wall! : )

To Be Continued....

No comments: