Saturday, November 29, 2008

Holidays are big times for babies

First up, a couple of more recent pics:




Thanksgiving was kind of an interesting time this year. Wednesday night before, the girls were particularly fussy, keeping Jenn up all evening, which was particularly inconvenient as she didn't get any nap that day. So I ended up getting up around 3:30 to give her a break, and staying up the rest of the early morning. We were due to be in Canton around noon, so I woke Jenn up around 10-10:30, we got around, and ended up getting up to Canton only an hour late. Both of us running on empty, sleep wise.

Thanksgiving up there was good, we didn't have to hold the girls much at all obviously, and I totally forgot to take any pictures of aunts/cousins with the girls. We stick around for supper, head home around 8 or so I think, get home and start getting ready for lunch tomorrow, which is going to be Jenn's side over here. Well, Jenn starts getting ready anyway, as I go to bed and sleep for 5 hours or so. And again, I get up around 4 or 5 I think, and let Jenn get a little sleep before lunch. Lunch with Jenn's side went well too, as did the afternoon, I assume, as I had taken some muscle relaxers (tweaked my back a while back) that hit my kind of hard for some reason, and took a nice 4 hour nap.

So after two days of being fawned over by relatives, what do we get from little girls? That's right: fussiness. Last night Megan especially would just go beserk any time we tried to put her down, until we finally figured out she was just hungrier than she normally is. Babies eat more as they get bigger: who knew?

So that's Thanksgiving. For Christmas, we're going to be headed up to Canton for my side like the week before (I think, Jenn has a bead on all this for sure), here with Jenn's side on Christmas day, up to KC for the extended Vogts side the day after, and the McMannis side....some other time? No idea here. I'm sure the women in my life will tell me where to be and when.

In other news, I'm basically taking the month of December off from work. Jenn goes back to work on Dec 8, and I'm going to start 3 weeks leave to stay home with the girls, through Christmas. Witnessing Jenn's sleep schedule, or lack thereof, the past couple of months, I must admit I'm a little nervous, but it should be great. Hopefully they'll start sleeping for 8 hours a stretch starting December 7. Or, I'll just continue to make judicious use of the DVR for late night TV viewing.

Girls continue to do great as well. Next week is their 2 month checkup at the pediatrician, it will be interesting to see how much weight they're up to.

No comments: