Friday, July 16, 2010

Granny's Week

A few weeks ago, Granny came to stay with us for a week.  The girls got some Granny-time, and Mike's mom got some granddaughter time!  It worked out well, since I was working some late nights at work over month-end, so Mike had some adult company in the evening, too!

She brought them some books -- which are still most favored by the girls.  They're actually really neat books, that have big pictures for the girls to point to and name.  Mommy always skips the page of bugs and spiders, though.  Other that that, I love these books!


I don't have pictures from their days since I was at work.  But one evening, Grandma, Granny and I sat in the kitchen, and the girls got wound up before going to bed.  Megan started playing hide-and-seek, which I think Granny taught her.  She would run into the laundry room to hide, then peek out and run back to us.


Sometimes she got a little confused on how to lean to peek out.

Meanwhile, Kayla wanted to take her temperature.
But then the thermometer turned into a rocket ship, with a very enthusiastic lift-off!

Their before-bed energy spurt ended with a synchronized somersault attempt.

Of course Megan had to one-up her sister and try it hands-free.
And it backfired on her.
But they had fun!

Earlier one evening, Granny took them outside to play.  They loved running around in the yard!  that's where they were when I came home.  They had the a couple of balls in the yard, and were playing with Granny,Grandma, and the dogs.  I took a few pictures from up on the deck.



They really enjoyed their week with Granny, and we had a lot of fun having her around!

I just wish I had more pictures!

No comments: