Sunday, April 10, 2011

Lollipop Girls

Over the last couple weeks, I've had several opportunities to spend a lot of time with the girls outside the house.  We get into our routines at home, and things aren't quite the same as they are when we're outside the house.  I notice them growing up more.  And I let them do different things.

For instance, They got their hair cut last weekend.  I'm pretty much a mean mommy when it comes to candy.  The girls don't get it from me.  That's not to say they haven't had it at daycare parties, or from Granny or Grandma, and within reason -- that's okay.  But it's not something I choose to give the girls at this time, and they aren't suffering for it.
So we get their hair cut, and before I realize what the stylist is talking about, she's gotten lollipops from a candy machine for the girls.
Well, I'm a mean mommy -- but I'm not mean enough to take candy out of their little hands in that situation!  After all, I couldn't honestly claim I thought it might be poisoned, or that one might be allergic, or any other excuse.
So, the girls had their first lollipops.  I'm fairly certain they were the first ones -- because they first called them "ice cream cones".  I don't think they've had those yet -- although it's possible that they have and I don't know it....and don't want to, because I'm looking forward to giving them their first ice cream cones in the near future.  But I digress.
Lollipops. Not just any lollipops, but Tootsie Pops.  Big ones. BIG ONES!
At least to the girls, and to mommy and grandma as we were attempting to keep the lollipop stickiness from covering the girls, the car seats, the clothes, and us.  But boy, did they enjoy them! 
We took them away so we could get dinner, and daddy and mommy gave them back to them at home.  They didn't finish them -- we saved some for the next day.
  And boy did we brush teeth that night!
 

No comments: