Monday, December 31, 2012

Cooking with Mommy -- 2011

Another flashback!  Back to 2011 again, January -- when the girls were 2 1/2 years old.

This evening, (at 4 years old) Kayla helped me in the kitchen.  I was making some Chex Mix.  She hasn't mastered measuring yet, but she uses measuring spoons to scoop up seasonings, measuring cups to scoop up cereal, she pours things out of measuring cups into bowls, and she stirs.  And when she's done stirring, I stir it properly.  She's learning.  So is Megan, but Megan wasn't interested in cooking with me today -- a rare situation where i have only one to "help" me.

They used to stand on a two-step adult step stool I have in the kitchen so that I can reach the top cabinets.  But now they get their little 12-inch step stools from the bathroom and use those, because they're taller than they were at 2 1/2 years old!

This is a picture of making muffins with mommy. (Back then, they called them "muppins".

Kayla, 2 1/2 years old
(I made the muffins in my Babycakes muffin maker appliance, so the flat top stove was used as a counter.)
I usually take the muffins out of the appliance using a toothpick.  The girls think this is great fun, so I put them on a plate, give them "a stick", and let them move them to another plate. It makes them happy and doesn't risk them getting burned.




I didn't take pictures of this evening, but it was fun!


No comments: