Saturday, December 29, 2012

FaceBook Posts 2012 - Part 1


I post a lot of  snippets on FaceBook -- the Social Networking site.
I wanted to preserve those snippets here, so they'd be included in the book form of our blog that we're making for the girls.

Below are posts from 2012 (part 1):



January 1, 2012 2:07pm
So daddy was reading the girls a book last evening. He got half way through, the pages started over! Complete with the title page. The book had the first half bound in there twice, instead of the first half and the second half.
So they brought it to me to read. I read it to them, too -- and had to make up an ending. LOL
 January 1, 2012 2:36pm
Ever wonder what life is like with twins?
Well, sometimes, it's chaos!

Megan ran to me, saying, "mommy, mommy, can you get the jewel out of my nose?" (broken necklace, bead stuck up her nose)

Not 5 minutes later, Kayla, spinning endlessly in the hallway, stops all dizzy, and tries to walk..falls...gets up, walks three steps into one side of the doorframe, falls into the other door frame.

Now, not 10 minutes later, I still don't have the possible ER retrieve-the-bead-scenario out of my head yet -- and both girls are peacefully laying in the living room watching Dora.

This is not the norm. Normally, BOTH girls would have beads up their noses, and BOTH girls would be bouncing off doorframes -- because they BOTH have to do whatever the other does!

January 1, 2012 6:10pm
Mike's watching the football game on TV.
Kayla: Oh, he falled!
Daddy: Yes, he did!

Daddy: Watch, he's going to fall again!
Megan: He did!
January 2, 2012 9:36am
Megan: Mommy, you're missing a tooth!
Me: I am?
Megan: Yeah, right there!
I opened my mouth and let her point -- to a back tooth that has a large silver filling.
Me: Is it silver?
Megan: Yeah
Me: See? it's not missing.
Megan: It's made of plastic.

I think I need to speak to my dentist about that one.

January 2, 2012 4:38pm

I found the living room floor!
Hey! There's carpet underneath all those toddler toys!!

January 3, 2012 8:20pm
My Drama Princess Megan was in great form tonight!
I say no, she says WAAAAAAAAHHHH.
Over.
And over.
And.
Over.

And now, she's in bed, silent. yay for small miracles :

January 3, 2012 8:24pm
Daddy: Girls, no more moving the beds.

They've started sliding the beds together. I guess they really liked sleeping in the same bed at the hotel!

January 4, 2012 6:54pm 
The girls are playing hide-and-seek "with pretend tomato sauce". I didn't ask them to explain more.
I'm hearing things like: "The ghost took the tomato sauce!" and "maybe daddy took it. Go ask him." "look! It's under your pillow! The baby put it there."

January 6, 2012 7:06am 
For some unknown reason, the girls thing the phrase "oh my gosh" is fun to say. Over and over without stopping between. "oh my gosh. oh my gosh. oh my gosh."
It makes them giggle, and both of them do it together.

And starting last night, they've said it 1,023,222 times.
Make that 1,023,223. No, 1,023,224. No,....

January 7, 2012 9:05am 
Kayla's putting shoes on her barbie, and announced, "When I was a little tiny baby, I used to wear these slippers!"
You were little, Kayla, but not THAT little!
  
January 7, 2012 9:53am
Trying to teach the girls not to say "stupid", as in "stupid shoes" "stupid dolly" etc.
So they're playing in the other room, and Megan yells, "Mommy, I didn't say 'stupid'!"
Hmmmmm

January 8,2012 5:59pm
The other day, Grandma Ruth Evans Bingham brought deviled eggs over to dinner.
Tonight, i gave my girls some hard boiled eggs, and Kayla announced: "Grandma made us those eggs!"
I also gave them lima beans. Megan announced, "These are jelly beans."
Whatever it takes! : )

January 11, 2012 6:42pm
Kayla: "Daddy, kitty [stuffed animal] is in time-out because she hit me in the face."

January 15, 2012 7:42pm
I showed Mike Vogts something that had melted in the dishwasher. The girls asked for it, and Daddy said, "It's broken. Daddy broke it."
Kayla said: "You were a naughty boy, Daddy. Are you sorry?"

January 16, 2012 8:57pm
The girls made muffins tonight! It was messy, but they had fun! I didnt get any pictures, though :(
Now if they'd only go to sleep...

January 19, 2012 11;59pm
Kayla was dreaming about a book, I think!

It was quiet -- I heard next door, "Mommy?"
I opened their door and Kayla said, "Will you read this to me?"
I went to her bed and said, "Read what?"
She looked at the bunch of covers in her hand, confused, and said, "Um, Will you read me a story, Mommy?"
Poor little thing was only half awake. She woke up a little bit more and is now tucked back in bed.

January 20, 2012 6:38pm
Kayla: Mommy, I want a blanket.
Me: Okay, you can go get one.
Kayla: You can go get one, Mommy
Me: I don't think so. Megan? Do you want to get Kayla a blanket?
Megan: Okay!
Me: See Honey? That's why we had two.

January 25, 2012 6:32pm
Kelli Martin Wrote:
"POTTY TRAINED!!!!! I need to get this on my daycare page, but I can't figure out how to do it from my phone :/ SO proud of Miss Kayla!"
woo hoo! Miss Kelli has declared Kayla potty trained. YAY!!!!! Go Kayla!! So proud of her!

February 1, 2012 6:51pm
Megan: Knock knock
Me: Who's there?
Megan: sippy cup!
Me: Sippy cup who?
Megan:

We must have hit the knock knock joke stage! I wonder when the "humor" part will kick in. : )

February 2, 2012 6:09pm
Jennifer wrote on Patti Scales's timeline.
My girls told me they said hi to you! Kayla announced, "I like her."

February 4, 2012 6:04pm
Megan: Kayla, do this!
Kayla: I am!
Megan; no, like this!
Kayla: I am!
Megan: She always does funny things when I teach her.

February 5, 2012 10:35am
I was cutting up chicken breasts and putting them into the crock pot. Kayla saw a piece of raw chicken in my hand.
Kayla: Mommy, what's that?
Me: It's chicken.
Kayla: Fish?
Me: No, chicken.
Kayla: it's fish?
Me: No, it's chicken.
Kayla: Mommy, is that fish?
Me: Kayla, there's no fish here right now. This is chicken.
Kayla: oh.

February 11, 2012 7:13pm
Megan: Mommy, do this!
Me:
Kayla: Mommy, do this!
Me: What are you doing?
Kayla: taking a deep breath!
heh

February 16, 2012 8:04pm
Kayla: Mommmmmyyyyy! Mommmmmy!!!
Me: Go to sleep!
Kayla: I want my pretend mommy, not you!

February 18, 2012 12:03pm
Overheard at IHOP..."I've been in 28 rap battles and only lost 5".
This of course was part of a conversation that included a 2 minute demonstration, no music. And I couldn't understand a word she said.

February 19, 2012 10:50pm
Kayla, playing with a figurine of a unicorn: "This is me when I was a baby unicorn!"

I guess I missed that part....

February 25, 2012 10:41am
Went to dinner and shopping tonight. The girls did GREAT! No accidents and both used the restaurant bathroom.
Me, on the other hand, knocked over my diet coke at dinner. TWICE!! geez.

February 25, 2012 5:33pm   
Always fun to hear passionate KU fans watching KU playing a close game : )
   
February 25, 2012 11:41am
Megan: "Mommy, I'm feeding the froggies all by myself!" [marble/frog game]
Me: "Good job, Megan"
Megan: "not you, mommy, my pretend mommy!"
Kayla is her pretend mommy at the moment.

It's so hard to figure out when they're talking to me these days.

February 26, 2012 9:14am
It was inevitable. At night, the two most requested songs have been Mary Had a Little Lamb and Jesus Loves Me.
They have become one.
The girls now sing Jesus Had a Little Lamb.
Jesus goes to school with His lamb, too!
   
February 26, 2012 8:04am
I walked in on the girls looking at a poster of 6 Disney Princesses on the wall...
Megan: Mommy, at Disney World you can only see ONE princess.
Kayla: No, you can see TWO princesses
Megan: I want to see Belle
Kayla: I want to see Belle and Aurora

February 28, 2012 4:00am
sinus issues. UGH
I'm thankful I wasn't plagued with sinus issues this year like I was last year.
Right now, though, I'd like to breathe so I can sleep, and not be here whining : )

March 2, 2012 6:40pm
Feeling better...watching the girls play.
Kayla with a wipe, chased Megan, "Time to put on your sun scream!"

March 3, 2012  8:00am
This morning Megan put on her shirt and said, 'Miss Kelli Martin will like to see my pretty shirt today!"
I explained we weren't going to Miss Kelli's today and she put on her sad face and asked, "Why not?"
I explained it was Saturday, but she just said, "oh" and trudged to the living room.

So happy that my kids love their daycare provider : )

March 3, 2012 10:02am
I sometimes buy clothes on sale in anticipation of the next season, in larger sizes, of course.
Kayla found a Christmas shirt I had in 5T. She's swimming in it, but she LOVES the reindeer shirt! Silly girl. That'll teach me to leave it within reach!

March 3, 2012 10:07am
Kayla: Here's my fingers here's my fingers Here I am here I am

Her version of "where is thumbkin"

March 4, 2012 1:51pm
‎..and....the flu hits the household.

March 5, 2012 11:43pm
I commented on Kayla's indifference to having water poured on her compared to Megan's hatred for it.
Me: Kayla, you're definitely going to be a swimmer
Kayla: no I not! I'm going to be a firefighter! A firefighter girl.

March 10, 2012 8:30pm
Mommy: What kind of fruit do you want?
Kayla (3yo): Peach Cottontail!
Mommy: Peaches?
Kayla: No! - Peach Cottontail! It's in there! (pointing to pantry)
Mommy: Fruit Cocktail? (holding can of Very Cherry Fruit)
Kayla: Yes!

March 10, 2012 9:18pm    
Kayla looked out the back door at my mom's house.
Kayla: Grandma ( Ruth Evans Bingham ) lives there. Granny ( Cathy Vogts ) doesn't, though, she lives in Canton.

March 10, 2012 7:46pm
Kayla is at Grandma's, Megan is home.
Megan: I miss Kayla. I hope she comes home soon.
Kayla is my sister.
She's not my big sister, she's a bab...She's not a baby sister.
She's just my sister. She's not a baby, she's a big girl.

March 11, 2012 8:11am
Kayla played at Grandma's last evening and fell asleep on her. Impromptu sleep-over, since she was already asleep.
Megan thought it was fun to have mommy all to herself, so it worked out. First time the girls haven't slept in the same room.

March 11, 2012 10:42am
Megan, running over to daddy with a tutu -- "Daddy! Put a tutu on!"
Surprisingly, daddy opted out of that one.

March 11, 2012 6:07pm
Kelli Martin's wrote:
Megan is potty trained!!!!!! Way to go :)

March 13, 2012 7:02am
Me: that's a lot of toilet paper
Kayla: it's only three pieces! Three is not a lot!
Me: How much is a lot?
Kayla: 4 and 5 and twenty-teen!

March 13, 2012 7:03am
New technique for getting the girls out of bed in the morning.
Me: If you don't get up, Mommy gets to pick your clothes -- and you're wearing this!

It worked.
Sad that it was Chiefs shirts I picked out that they didn't want to wear.

March 19, 2012 8:55am
Kayla and Megan are coloring.
Kayla: I'm going to draw you, mommy.
Me: Okay
Kayla: I'm drawing you when you were a jelly fish.

March 19, 2012 3:32pm
Kayla changed into a dress.
Me: Kayla, you have a pretty dress on!
Kayla: Yes! I"m going to a wedding with my sweetie dinosaur!

March 19, 2012 7:08am
Kayla: When we wear our boots, we can jump in muddy puddles!

heh look out, Miss Kelli Martin -- muddy girls on their way!

March 19, 2012 5:57pm
When we were leaving Miss Kelli Martin's, the girls saw Catherine.
Kayla: Mommy! That's Caf-er-ine!
Megan: She's walking in the water in her shoes!
Kayla: Fa-fa needs boots like us today!
Megan: yeah! She's got shoes.
Kayla: That's Fa-fa. Her name is fa-fa."
   
March 19, 2012 5:59pm
Megan picked two weeds and gave one to Kayla.
Kayla: Thank you, Megan
Megan: Thank you -- you're welcome. When someone gives someone a white flower [weed] they say thank you, and the other person says you're welcome.
Me: yes, that's being polite. You have good manners.
Kayla: Yeah, good manners, not bad manners.
Megan: And not sad manners, either. No sad ones, only good ones.

March 19, 2012 6:02pm   
My husband Mike Vogts was so thoughtful -- it was raining when he got home, so he parked outside so the girls and I wouldn't have to get rained on coming in from the car this evening!
So thoughtful and much appreciated!

March 19, 2012 6:21pm
I looked over, and Kayla was stirring something in her bowl.
Me: What do you have in that bowl?
Kayla: Salad!
Me: What did you put in it?
Kayla: Green Beans and Jello and carrots!
(They didnt have carrots for dinner....)
Me: Where did the carrots come from?
Kayla: From a garden!
Then she proceeded to eat from the bowl, which had corn, beans and jello. She yelled for Megan...who was in the bathroom.
Kayla; SWEETIE! DON'T YOU WANT TO EAT SOME OF THIS SALAD?

March 20, 2012 6:25pm
Megan & Kayla -- sitting in their chairs at the table, waiting for their dinner.
Megan: TAG you're it
Kayla: NO! We aren't playing tag!
Me: Girls, you cant play tag at the table.
Kayla: No, because we can't run in our chairs!
Megan: That wouldn't be safe. We might fall and get hurt!

March 25, 2012 12:49pm
Daddy, to me: Can you hand me my phone?
I handed him the phone
Kayla, to me: Can you hand me my phone?
   
March 27, 2012 8:28pm
Kayla: Now sing the lady bug song!
Me: I don't know that song.
Kayla: It goes, Ladybug ladybug go get the leaf, ladybug go get the leaf.
Me: oh, that's a a nice song.
Kayla: And the next one is mommy and daddy. mommy and daddy go get the leaf, mommy and daddy go get the leaf.
Megan: Mommy, do you know the fan song? it goes fan fan fan fan fan fan fan fan fan fan fan fan fan fan

March 27, 2012 8:33pm
Megan: Mooooommmmyyyyy Will you come into our room so we can hug you on the leg?

April 7, 2012 9:23pm
Daddy: Get in your beds, girls
Kayla: We're just playing 'granny and grandpa'
Daddy: it's not time to play it's time to get in bed
Kayla: but we're just playing


April 8, 2012 9:03pm
Megan was in the bathroom
Kayla: If Megan goes potty a jillion times, she has to go to the doctor.
Me: mmhmm
Kayla: The doctor doesn't have a potty.
Me: yes he does
Kayla: No he doesn't. Well, maybe the easter bunny brought him a toilet.
Me:
Kayla: But he probably got a TOY toilet. that wouldn't be good. You can't flush that! And he might fall in!
Me: Megan -- hurry up please!



April 9, 2012 7:45pm
Watching pirate piggies on Dora the Explorer...
Kayla; I'm going to be a girl pirate when I grow up!
Megan; I'm going to be a Dora when I grow up!


April 9, 2012 9:01pm
The girls are in bed, and after silence for a long time, we hear:
Kayla: MEGAN!! MEEEGAAAAN!!!!
I opened their door.
Kayla: Mommy, Megan won't wake up.
Me: Don't wake her up -- she's asleep, just like you should be. What color do you want the night light?
Kayla: Green
Megan BLUE!! BLUE!! I want blue!


April 14, 2012 10:33am
Can I open my doors and windows in the storm -- and let nature clean my house? : )


April 14, 2012 8:27pm
We were on the highway earlier and passed a car that had an antenna topper. It was a red Angry Birds bird.
The girls got all excited "Look! That car has a bird! It's just like the game on daddy's ipad!"


April 15, 2012 8:57am
Kayla: "I'm going to be a big sister when I grow up"


April 15, 2012 4:59pm
Me: Kayla, are you supposed to be playing with daddy's computer?
Kayla: I not playing. I working!
Kayla: I better go so I don't miss the fun!"


April 15, 2012 7:59pm
The girls, playing with dollbabies:
Megan: Kayla, your baby can eat my baby's crumbs
Megan: They have to take turns eating.

hmmmm


April 16, 2012 8:38pm
Megan: Tomorrow, when we go to Miss Kelli Martin's, I going to give her a hug and a kiss!


April 22, 2012 7:08pm
Girls were watching Ni Hao Kai Lan cartoon and there were pandas on it.
Kayla: When I was a baby panda, I was scared to get on a boat!
Me: You were a baby panda?
Kayla: uh huh!
Me: When were you a baby panda?
Kayla:


April 22, 2012 8:58pm
I have a cold.


April 25, 2012 8:20pm
When I said, "Night night, good girls" as I closed their bedroom door -- do you think they realized I was begging?"


April 26, 2012 4:05am
I'm thankful for the few minutes of clear lungs and clear sinuses I had this morning!
I'd like the opportunity to show how thankful I can be if it would last longer...
...but I am very thankful that things are clearing out. If only the "rudolph look" was in style, I'd have it nailed! : )


April 26, 2012 6:31am
oh. my. goodness.
Megan is definitely a Vogts -- she INSISTS on wearing her KU shirt today. NOTHING else would do. Even though it's a long sleeved shirt.

So of course she picked long pants to go with it -- and won't take any suggestion of something different. She's definitely got my stubbornness!
And since I've been up since about 3:15 this morning, I don't have it in me to argue with her.


April 26, 2012 9:39pm
FINALLY got the girls down to bed. Wowza, Megan has some determination!


April 27, 2012 7:12pm
Kayla: knock knock
me: who's there?
Kayla: banana
me: banana who?
Kayla: aren't you glad I didnt say orange?

Megan: Knock knock
Me: who's there?
Megan : Sippy
Me: Sippy who?
Megan; Sippy mommy!


April 27, 2012 7:21pm
Megan: Look at how loud I can drum!

Megan: I learned that at Kelli Martin's!
Daddy: oh, does Miss Kelli have a drum?
Megan: No
Daddy: I can't imagine why not."
   
April 28, 2012 5:05pm
Went to lunch with mom Ruth Evans Bingham and the girls today to a place with a small menu. Megan wanted a Turkey Sandwich. They didn't have that. I said ok.
Mom whispered to me that they don't have that.
I said "yes they do, see the Ham and Swiss Sandwich? That's it!"
Megan was pleased with her "turkey sandwich"!


April 28, 2012 9:45pm
I was doing some work at home on the kitchen table on my computer--a colorful flowchart --moving colored boxes around the way I needed them.
Megan came up and asked if she could watch.

When I said yes, I didnt realize it would take 20 seconds for her to start saying "mommy, put that one here. Now put that one here. Put that one over there."

My little 3-year old analyst wanted it HER way.



No comments: