Monday, December 31, 2012

FaceBook Posts 2012 - Part 3

I post a lot of  snippets on FaceBook -- the Social Networking site.
I wanted to preserve those snippets here, so they'd be included in the book form of our blog that we're making for the girls.

Below are posts from 2012 (part 3):

September 1, 2012 6:33pm
While driving home today with the girls, Kayla announced another "When I was a baby.." 'memory'
While driving, remember..
Kayla: Mommy! When I was a baby -- I opened my door and fell out!
Me: No, Kayla, that didn't happen. You're always buckled into your seat. There's no way you could fall out!
Kayla: I said when I was a BABY!

Apparently she thinks we didn't buckle her car seat when she was a baby!

September 7, 2012 8:20pm
Megan came home from Grandma Ruth Evans Bingham's house.
Megan: Grandma made a mistake!
Me: She did?
Megan: yeah! She made a mistake!
Me: What mistake did grandma make?
Megan: She made TEA instead of WATER!

September 8, 2012 8:47pm
I was on the phone with my mom this evening and the girls wanted to go over to her house to play. She was finishing up dishes in the kitchen. I said they could go--and they went. The yards are fenced together. I expected to hear them at her door in a few moments.
When she didn't greet them, I asked her if they showed up...she said no, she hadn't realized they'd left.
I looked outside -- mom's gate was open and the girls and the dogs had gone to the front of mom's house instead of the back door. oops!
Mike went and got the dogs herded back home from a field behind the neighbor's house the street from mom's house.

September 8, 2012 8:49pm   
Megan: I'm gonna go get a pillow to sit on in case my body gets cold.

September 12, 2012 8:29pm
Megan: I love Valentine's!
Kayla: Yeah! We had Valentine's last night! A long long time last night!
Me: We did?
Kayla: Yeah! With valentine duckies!
Me: Ohh! You mean a long long time ago we had Valentine's?
Kayla: yeah!

They don't quite grasp how to describe time yet.

September 12, 2012 8:34pm
Kayla: Look, Megan! Make a wish! There's a star up there!
Megan: I wish I had my very on stickers!
Kayla: Look, mommy!
Megan: and my very own city!
Me: City? I thought you wanted stickers?
Megan: I want both!
Me: Kayla, what did you wish for?
Kayla: A toy dinosaur!
Megan: and I want my very own house!
Kayla: and I wish for my own computer to play with!
Megan; Mommy? where's the grass? It's here! Under the dark!
Megan: I wish my own everything!
Kayla: And a toy dolly! and toy dinosaur! and a toy house for my dollies
Me: Okay -- inside, girls!
Kayla: But I want to wish!

Kayla: I didn't tell you that I will wish for lights!

September 13, 2012 6:42am
Kayla was in the glider with her teddy bear.
Me: Oh, you've got teddy! He's so soft!
Kayla: I want a blanket.
Me: Okay, go get one.

Kayla: I got bunny, too
Me: Oh, he's so soft, too! Oh -- is he a boy or a girl?
Kayla: It's a blanket.

September 13, 2012 6:54am
Megan: Mommy, I looooove plums!
Me: Wow! I didn't know you'd had plums before.
Megan: Me either!

September 15, 2012 10:26am   
Megan: Daddy, I want something way up high but I can't reach it. I'm too little!

September 22, 2012 5:16pm
Another for the list of things i never thought I'd say :
"Hey, don't eat your sister!"


October 1, 2012 10:07pm
Megan: Mommy, is it wake up time yet?
Me: no, honey, you need to go to sleep.
Megan: Mommy, when it's wake up time, I want to have cereal.
Kayla: and i want pancakes after my cereal!

Thanks for the breakfast orders, girls. now please, sleep??

October 5, 2012 11:23pm
‎11:20 pm. Guess who's sleeping? Not me! : ) Guess who's frosting birthday cakes for little girls instead of sleeping?
I wanted them to be a surprise..but little Megan came out of her room a couple hours ago and caught me mixing up one of the cakes. Of course she ran back to her room and told Kayla what I was doing, "Mommy's making a strawberry cake, Megan!!"
Busted!

October 7, 2012 1:09pm
Kayla: Grandma [Ruth Evans Bingham] has hard peaches.
Me: What's a hard peach?
Kayla: I don't know, it's just hard.

I assume she means fresh peaches as opposed to canned?

October 7, 2012 6:18pm
over-stimulated and over-sugared weekend for the girls. They've had a lot of fun, but they're rowdy and hyped up now!

October 8, 2012 6:59am
The girls got some slippers for their birthday from Aunt Linda Vogts Duncan's family.
They're obsessed.

Kayla just asked me if she could wear her slippers to Miss Kelli's today!

October 11, 2012 8:52pm
Megan: I really love my unicorn light. It's beautiful!
(Thanks, Granny Cathy Vogts!)

October 13, 2012 7:36pm
Me: OK, wash the soap off the tub please
Kayla: I'm tired! I'm tired of doing the things you want me to do!

October 22, 2012 6:56am
Kayla: Sometimes I call Granny "Grandma".
Me: But she's Granny! What does she say?
Kayla: 'What, pumpkin?' But I'm not a pumpkin. But my head is shaped like a pumpkin, but I have eyes and a nose and a mouth. I saw a square pumpkin guy on TV!

i wonder what she thinks when I call her "pumpkin pie"?

October 27, 2012 8:52am
The girls are cutting with scissors. Kayla is using her left hand to cut and doing quite well. Ambidextrous-girl! I just hope whichever hand she ends up with, she WRITES more neatly than her mother!

October 28, 2012 8:27am
Kayla and Megan are cutting paper again.
Kayla: This one is for my other sister. Her name is....Beaver!
Me: So you have another sister, besides Megan?
Kayla: yes
Me: So we have Megan, and Kayla...and Beaver?
Kayla: yeah

October 28, 2012 8:33am
Kayla: I'm making lots of crowns for baby Joy.
Me: Is Joy your baby or your sister?
Kayla: Baby Joy is my brother!

October 28, 2012 8:36am
Megan: And this baby is named Red Hot Marshmallow, because she eats a lot of red hot marshmallows.

???? what's a red hot marshmallow ????

October 29, 2012 6:59am
Apparently Kayla has forgotten about "Baby Beaver".
However, "Baby Joy", her 'baby brother" is still very much being cared for. He's being tucked into bed now as we're getting ready to leave and he will nap while we're gone.

She seems to have decided a specific baby doll is "Joy" now, too.

October 29, 2012 8:07pm
You'll be happy to know -- "baby Beaver" is once again being cared for.
Megan has now proclaimed her dolly is named "Beaver".
Kayla's is still "Joy", the boy baby.


November 1, 2012 7:00am   
Kayla: On my next Halloween, i'm gonna be a WITCH!!

November 1, 2012 7:01am
As Mike was leaving for work, little voices screeched: DADDY WAIT!!
He came back to hear: I want to give you a hug!
So sweet!

November 2, 2012 8:35pm
Me: Kayla, you need to scoot back.
Kayla: I know, zombie!
Me: Did you just call me zombie?
Kayla: yes

If it was Megan, I would have thought I had misheard "zombie" instead of "mommy", but Kayla speaks pretty clearly .. and confirmed it.

November 4, 2012 5:26pm
I am thankful that Megan is old enough now to hit the bowl when she throws up! (And I'm thankful she's done throwing up now)

November 4, 2012 6:56pm
Megan and Kayla are building with blocks together.
Megan: This is going to be the greatest tower in all the land!!

November 4, 2012 7:46pm
Kayla: IM SO LOUD!!

yes, when she screams, she is!

November 4, 2012 8:36pm
Kayla on the bath pretended to sleep then popped up her head
Kayla to a bottle of soap in the tin: did you wake me up? No? Ok have a nice day.
Kayla to a toy: did you wake me up?...

November 4, 2012 1:13pm
Gave the girls "octopus hotdogs" for lunch.
Megan; Daddy never makes our hotdogs into a octopus! Really, he doesn't!

November 4, 2012 1:23pm
Megan: Mommy, Kelli has smaller chairs that fit our bottoms. We slide down in these chairs, see?
Kayla: You need to get us some smaller chairs, mommy.
Me: Kelli's table is lower, too. If we had smaller chairs, you couldn't reach the table.
Kayla: But we can get a smaller table!
Megan: yeah, two!
Kayla: Two little tables with two little chairs and two big chairs!

November 4, 2012 7:36pm
Kayla: Daddy, is 'go to bed' a bad word?
Daddy: No
Kayla: Is 'Close the door and go to bed' a bad word?

November 5, 2012 6:24pm
Grandma Ruth gave us some mini pumpkin muffins.
Kayla: Mommy, that was really good!
Megan; Yeah! Can I have another?

: )

November 5, 2012 6:34pm
Megan is running around in a dress, with a crown and a fairy wand, sing-songing: I'm a fairy princess! I'm a fairy princess!
over and over and over and over and over and over and over.......

November 6, 2012 6:58am   
Kayla: Mommy? When I went to Granny's (Cathy Vogts), you were there. And grandma (Ruth Evans Bingham), and Aunt Grandma (I think she means Aunt Linda Vogts Duncan)

November 6, 2012 6:37pm
I'm thankful today that I was able to vote. Even if my candidates don't win, I"m thankful that I live in a country that allows me to vote.

November 6, 2012 6:38pm
Kayla: When I grow up, I want to be a astronaut!
Me: Wow! Megan, what do you want to be?
Megan: I want to be a doctor!

November 8, 2012    
So the girls think it's neat to sleep with a living room throw or a blanket from our bed.
Every night becomes a weird dance where we try to negotiate our blankets back from our girls without drama.
Tonight I solved it all -- opened the linen closet and let them each pick a blanket.
Queen sized blankets on toddler beds...oh yeah!

November 10, 2012 8:24am
Kayla and Megan are SO excited that you're coming over!
Kayla: I'm going to go look out my bedroom window and see if Taylor is here!

November 11, 2012 8:49am
Kayla's first words today, with tear-filled eyes: Mommy, I miss Taylor

November 12, 2012 12:21am
Me: Girls, be quiet, daddy's sleeping
Kayla: MOMMY, I WANT TO WEAR MY SLIPPERS SO MY FEET WILL BE COZY WARM.
Me: Shhhh if you wake up daddy, mommy will be mad!
Megan: I'M IN BED LIKE A GOOD GIRL
Me: Shhhhh
Daddy:
Girls:
Me: Do you think you just woke daddy?
Kayla:
Megan: No, I think he just coughed.

November 17, 2012 9:54am
Megan just brought me a Barbie doll in a dress, and Ken doll, naked.
Megan: Look, mommy!
Me: Oh wow, what a pretty dress! Oh! He doesn't have any clothes on!
Megan: That's because they like it that way.

November 17, 2012 9:59am
The girls "helped" me in the kitchen this morning.
Their idea of "help" and my idea of "help" are vastly different!
But it's always fun and they get SO excited...it makes cleaning up afterwards not so bad. (They try to help with that, too -- but I end up having to clean up the clean-up LOL) Love these girls!

November 17, 2012 12:21pm
The girls are making "pizzas" with play dough on the kitchen floor.
Appetizing....to a 4 year old perhaps! but they're having fun!

November 17, 2012    
Megan: Mine's going to be a tower pizza!

November 18, 2012 3:42pm
Kayla: Look, Megan! it's princess Tiana!
Megan: Ohh! I like her so best!
Kayla: And here's Tangled!
Megan; I like her best, too!
Kayla: And Ariel!
Megan: I like her best, too!
Kayla: And Princess Aurora!
Megan: Oh, I like her best too!

November 21, 2012 7:16am
Do not leave change laying around in our house -- the girls WILL find it and they WILL put it in a bank!
Kayla: I'm so excited! We get to put pennies in the jar!

November 21, 2012 6:17pm
When I was in school, we'd joke about laying on text books and learning by osmosis.
It's been many years since I was in school.
Has anyone figured out how to make that work yet?

November 21, 2012 6:23pm
Kayla and Megan: When I was young...
Kayla: ... I ate shoes
Megan: .... and I ate a dog
Megan: When I was just a little kid...
Kayla: When I was young I ate a onion and a picture and a wall....
Megan: I ate a barbie and a necklace
Kayla: and who will be our audience today
Kayla: When I was young...I broke the mold...i wrote the words nobody heard... Here i am! doing like a spark...light up the dark again....
They're trying to sing a song from the movie Barbie and the Pop Star, only they got the words all weird!

November 22, 2012 10:15am   
Last night when we were tucking the girls in bed,
Kayla: Tomorrow is Thanksgiving!
Me: Yes it is! Do you know what happens on Thanksgiving?
Kayla! Christmas decorations! We get to put up Christmas decorations!

November 23, 20122:58pm
We have an Elf-on-a-Shelf named "Chilly".
Megan had a Peter Pan book, looked at Chilly, and renamed him.
Megan: He's Peter Pan!
Me: But his name is 'Chilly'!
Megan: No, Peter Pan!
Me: I'm going to call you 'Mary'!
Megan: I'm not Mary, I'm Megan!
Daddy: You're not Mary?
Megan: No, Megan!
Daddy: No Bob?
Megan: No, I'm Mary! I mean, I'm Megan!

November 24, 2012    
Fastest rendition of Twinkle Twinkle Little Star was performed in my living room just now. I didn't know her little words would go so quick!

November 28, 2012 7:54pm
Kayla: I'm just a tiny bit younger.
Me: who's younger?
Kayla: me!
Me: who's taller?
Kayla: me!
Me: who's shorter?
Megan: me!
Me: who's older?
Megan: you!
Gee thanks lol



December 7, 2012 7:29pm
do NOT wear a solid red shirt to Toys R Us You will be asked where everything is, over and over. I helped people pick dolls, Nerf toys, find hungry hungry hippo, find doll strollers, find Disney Princesses......wonder if I'll get a paycheck? LOL

December 7, 2012 4:24pm
Kayla and Megan pushed a toy shopping cart into the bathroom.
Megan: And this is the bathroom
Me: What are you doing?
Kayla: We're pretending this is a bathroom.

December 8, 2012 5:35pm
Mike and Megan went to Exploration Place and all Megan wanted to do was play with the room full of toys
Megan: We drived a plane! (daddy and Megan did a flight simulator)
Megan: But we crashed into the ground. I was driving. I forgot to go up!

December 8, 2012 5:36pm
Megan: Mommy? Can we go to Granny's some day? (Cathy Vogts)
Me: Yes, we can!
Kayla: And ride a horse!
Megan: It's too dark to ride a horse now.

December 9, 2012 12:25pm
Megan: I want some toast with butter, but don't cook it.
Me: So you want some bread with butter?
Megan: Yeah

December 9, 2012    
Kayla and Megan went downstairs to play. Hello Kitty was on the TV upstairs.
Kayla came back upstairs for a minute.
Kayla: I want to turn this off.
Me: You do?
Kayla: Yeah, you can watch iCarly, I'm done watching Hello Kitty.
Me: Okay, thanks

December 14, 2012 6:20pm
Megan: When I'm 5, I'll be as big as Chilly!
[Chilly is our Elf on a Shelf -- 12 inches tall maybe?]
Megan:
Megan: I guess Chilly isn't very big, is he.

December 15, 2012 9:22pm

Kayla: These big shoes are SKILLS.
Me: Skills? Do you mean heels?
Kayla: Yeah, heels!
Megan: We call tall shoes HEELS and really tall shoes SKILLS, right?

December 16, 2012 7:39pm
Megan: The Mailman brings pizza and boxes!
Megan: But the pizza man is the one that brings the pizza.
Megan:
Megan: And the box man is the one that brings the boxes.

Profound?

December 17, 2012 11:35pm   
The girls love the Barbie movie Princess and the Popstar.
i was out shopping most of the evening and didn't get to see them except for a few minutes this evening -- but Mike had taken a video of the girls while I was gone.
They were singing and dancing to one of the songs in the video.
LOVE those girls!!!

December 18, 2012 11:36pm
I tucked the girls in bed. I was wearing jeans.
While standing between the two beds, I leaned over and kissed Kayla goodnight.
Megan: Mommy! Your pants are on wrong!
Me: They are? What do you mean?
Megan: Your pockets are in the back!
Me: Well, I have pockets in the back and pockets in the front.
At this point I felt a little hand in my back pocket.
Kayla: My hand is in your pocket.
Megan: Can I put my hand in your pocket, too?

Sometimes I think they just conspire to come up with new stall tactics.

December 20, 2012 10:23pm
Kayla has a loose front tooth.

December 25, 2012 5:27pm
any place open today that might have Nyquil?


December 30, 2012  8:14am
I've had the realization that it's a bad idea to give lots of crafty things for Christmas....because they want to do them all, right away. And they have memories like elephants.
Last evening I told the girls we'd see about doing this butterfly craft tomorrow.
First words Megan said this morning, "Mommy, can we do that butterfly game this morning?"
Could we at least get out of bed first? : )

December 30, 2012 12:30pm
Kayla and Megan do not care for peppermint.
This comes in handy at a candy display.
Kayla: Mommy, is this peppermint?
Me: I don't know, it looks like it might be.
Kayla: I don't like peppermint, I don't want that.
Megan: Me either!"

December 30, 2012 6:27pm
I took my girls with me to Michaels craft store this morning.
They spent a long time looking at all the animal figurines in the different bins.

As we approached the bins of floss, they saw all the colors and got excited, "Look, mommy!" and rushed ahead of me to get to them. For a moment, I was excited -- thinking there was hope that they would adopt my cross-stitching interest.
That moment was short-lived, as Kayla said sadly, "Aww, man...I thought this was more animals."

December 31, 2012 1:20am
Today was a first for me.
Maybe not the first, but if so, it's been quite a while and I've forgotten.
I bought my girls Happy Meals at McDonald's.
(I'm not perfect...it's not the first time I've given them fast food, and not their first Happy Meals)
The girls informed me that toys come with those meals. (I knew that.)
What I didn't know, was that you had to order a girl's or a boy's happy meal.

I also didn't know that the apple slices come without the apple skin on them. (I always thought eating them with the skins was more nutritious...)
Or as Kayla put it:
Kayla: Mommy, these apples don't have a crust!

McDonald's, the home of crustless apples!

December 31, 2012  8:22pm
The girls are wound up. They just came up to me, both wearing head bands (which they call "rubber hand bands"), with Megan on her knees beside Kayla.
Kayla: Mommy, This is my horsey. Her name is Ribba.
Megan: Neigh!!
Me: What's her name?
Kayla: Rosie.
Me: What's her name again?
Kayla: Ricka!
Me: You keep changing her name! What is it again?
Kayla: Rosie!
Me: What is it again?
Kayla: It's Rosie!
Megan: Neigh!



December 31, 2012  8:34pm
It was really nice of the insurance company to mail Megan and Kayla each a postcard reminding them of the benefits of a flu shot.
It would be even nicer if they would pull their mailing lists with consideration of birth dates and primary insured, and not waste their mailings to 4 year olds.

The girls were very confused when I gave them to them.

December 31, 2012  8:36pm
It was funny -- they asked who it was from. I didn't want to explain what an insurance company is to them -- so I said "From your doctor". LOL It had some pretty flowers on it. Oddly -- they're on Mike's insurance -- and no one reminded him to get his flu shot. The girls had theirs. I don't know if Mike did or not!




No comments: